Monday, July 17, 2023

Dispatches… What people are saying




 Dispatches from the road by Bill Poindexter


What people are saying about this blog… The good the bad the ugly. 


Authors note: it’s important to note that what I write is not gonna always going to be popular. And I’m OK with that as long as I’m telling the truth about what I see. I know there’s gonna be times when I make mistakes and maybe even get the story wrong. That just happens . But it’s important to stay true and tell the truth as I see it and we all know I’m fallible. Lord knows I have issues and I’ve made many mistakes in my life. I tend to go back and reread what I write just to make sure I got it right the first time. And there’s been many times. I am tempted to go back and add some fluff to it and make it a little prettier Less raw and correct some of the mistakes -but then I catch myself and and I said to myself.  Being completely authentic in this day and age, it’s hard to find. Most authors, add a lot of fluff to their blogs / media is spun in many different directions, and most the information is false. I feel in my job for the rest of my life is to tell stories about my experiences and tell the truth and be messy. And if anybody doesn’t like that, then they can go Read another person’s blog and get all that fancy fluff feel good stuff. But if you’re like me, you understand that life is hard, it ain’t always pretty, and there is no true balance in life that’s a complete myth…We just try to do the best we can we’re gonna have ups and we’re gonna have downs. We try to stay in the middle of the road as possible or you crash and burn. End of authors note.


What people are saying, about wholeearthguide.blogspot.com. 


From Deb


“I like this poem,Bill. Read it several times and I could see it from the older person’s side as they said it and I could see it from the younger person’s side as they listened…. Thank you for sharing this with me.


My favorite phrases which conjured up many feelings:


*If you share yours 

Do not put conditions on your sharing-


*Don’t admire darkness


*All will make sense with your friends:

Compassion 

Truth 

Integrity “


“Love this. Love the stream of consciousness process and your observations of life in a small western town. Love seeing the photos of the people you’re meeting…. 


And FrenchFryGate. You rebel, you 😆 That little saga right there is worth a short story. Small

 town personalities, petty feuds with the competition, bluegrass bands and tarot cards and young women dancing… and the unknowing outsider, literally riding into small town life with all its flaws and beauty, already a rebel, not knowing that his choice of french fries would set off the next scandal. Reminiscent of Richard Brautigan.”


From Gary:


“ I've read each post you've made and really enjoyed the intimate connection to what's going on in Polebridge from your perspective! I'll have to plan for another ride up this season to catch up a bit with you.…”


From Todd:

“Please keep them coming, Bill!  Can’t wait to hear more of your stories and the people you meet.  Best of luck bartending!  It seems like your a natural!“


From Monica:

“Bill you inspire me. You live your life so authentically.  Even on the days you feel like coming back to Kansas city... you lean in and feel it. What else can we do in life if we're  halfway conscious?”


From Colin:

“Rock on brother! I keep your page open at work and plan to read every day I work once I get the bar set up. Thanks for the positive words “


From Abbey:


“I absolutely love your blog. It’s relaxes me to read this through your eyes. Thanks for sharing “


From Kelly in Kansas City:


“I am loving all of this.  I feel like so many online blogs pump the positive and make it sound like shangri La.  I am rooting for you and send me your Venmo handle again please!  I’d love to buy you a burger and coffee from KC☀️





Well, that’s just a few… if you’re interested in supporting my journalistic endeavor please let me know I am on Venmo-I’m always up for a sandwich and a cup of coffee. 

Saving money for my ride back to KC  in September and will be biking the length of Baja Mexico in December/ January in which I’ll be doing dispatches from the road…


peace and love from the road, Bill Poindexter.


Enjoy the photos… They are from the last two weeks-new friends, a bear, the saloon and lots of nature




































2 comments:

  1. Great pictures we really enjoy seeing and reading of your adventures. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete