Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Diary of a novice cheese maker








 Diary of a novice cheese maker


Diary of a novice cheese maker by Bill Poindexter 


Hey hope you’re well. Just a quick note to let you know I am returning to the road. Heading back to Martha’s Vineyard, tomorrow, to pickup my bike- I kept it on the Island at a bike shop. I am going to interview with another Dairy farm, at this time there are no openings but the owner wants to meet me. There is not a specific plan so I will just see what the Universe has in store for me. 


After the negative

experience at the other farm after my bike ride from KC to the coast and being back in KC for three weeks I have come to realize I have Post Trip Depression, pretty common with people who go on long physical and mental expeditions like my last one, 40 days of physical and mental endurance where one gets drawn into the simple lifestyle :

travel, eat, sleep and repeat. This has happened to me on my other long trips, took a few weeks to acclimatize to home and this time is not different. I feel the need to be back on the road or just do something physical. So if the gig doesn’t work out I will head back out on the road and write about it and do some short videos and just travel and report what I see, smell, hear, feel and taste. I have ideas. And as with the past writing I will share my thoughts on health of -people, environment, and community and ask the fundamental questions of what is really important in life. 


And no need to be worried, depression and I are old friends. I know my mind and body. I want more adventures!


I hope you will follow me on Facebook, my blog, and YouTube. And please share. 


Peace and love 

Bill 

Wholeearthguide.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment