Sunday, June 26, 2022

Dispatches



























 Dispatches from the road by Bill Poindexter


Fun madness! Decided to come back to KC to regroup, have some work things I need to accomplish and I need to do some repairs on my bike before the next big adventure. I was planning on working on a farm all summer but I don’t think that’s gonna happen, so Plan B, well I’m working on Plan B. I am very excited to be home with my kitty cats coyote and steamboat. I’m a try to put together some videos of my adventures for the last couple of months as well.   


So I flew back from Martha’s Vineyard yesterday and I had to box my bike up and as I was doing it I noticed some rust internally some have to get that taken care of and then I’m gonna break down the bike all together over the next week and just clean everything it’s pretty grimy from the last seven years of riding so much. And riding by the ocean didn’t help much either. And then there’s a lot of things I need to replace so I’ll be doing that hopefully in the next couple weeks as well. But I just want to say I love traveling by bicycle- whether it’s on a long trip or based somewhere like I just was for the last 10 days sleeping in a tent on somebody’s back porch on Martha’s Vineyard and one of the most beautiful parts of the island it was so much fun and I had such a good time.  I love having the freedom of having the bicycle for transportation versus having to use a car or public transportation. Anyway I’m on my porch and legs are propped up I’m gonna take a nap and then go for a bike ride, here are some pictures of the last couple of days from Martha’s Vineyard including me boxing up my bike and bring it back home and what that looks like, so peace and love from the homefront Bill Poindexter

No comments:

Post a Comment