Saturday, May 28, 2022

Diary of a novice cheese maker












 Diary of a novice cheese maker by Bill Poindexter


A friend asked me about five years ago what I’d like to be doing in five years and I told him honestly I’d like to be traveling the world meeting people learning new skills finding the good in humanity hoping for a better future for the planet and keeping healthy. And I’d like to be sharing that information to everyone in the world on some level. And recently I’ve had to ask myself the question what do you really want to do and that same answer keeps coming back that’s really what I wanna do and it’s something I’m very good at doing don’t get me wrong I love where I live in Kansas City I love the little family in the little community I have my friends my two cats coyote and steamboat. I love the fact I’ve become a cheese maker and a master Yoga Instructor. Today was a cheese making and yoga day. I took a half a gallon of whole milk and decided to experiment a little bit instead of going for a full mozzarella I decided to go for a French farm cheese so that’s what I created tonight a French farm cheese with olive oil, a little salt and sage. Slathered on a baguette with a swig of a fine Cabernet from southern Australia, life is good. So what of the future well I’m still working on that I have lots of ideas I’m still waiting to hear from people who I interviewed with I should know in the next few days what my immediate future is going to be. My preference to travel and to do the things I said I want to do we’re helping a organization that does good things for the environment grow and be the best they can be at doing what they do. I have many ideas. Also I am keeping true to my spiritual path as well exploring my place in the universe so to speak as a traveling monk, keeping my integrity in my character intact and showing compassion to all beings in the world.


Peace and love from the homefront, Bill Poindexter


Some photos of my cheese tonight…

No comments:

Post a Comment