Monday, May 9, 2022

YorkTown!


























 YorkTown!


Dispatches from the road: Yorktown at last!


Well I made it even with the madness I had a 15 to 20 mile an hour headwind the entire day 60+ miles take me to extreme limits in the last 20 miles many times I didn’t think I was gonna make it I’m just gonna hitchhike in, but listen some good Irish music and hammered in the last 10 miles. Now I am here Grace Episcopal Church has a ministry for touring cyclist on the Trans Am so I’m staying in the house that they provide I’ll show you some pictures it’s huge I’m up there by myself I’m gonna stay tomorrow and maybe the next day just to recover before I head to Williamsburg and catch the train to Martha’s Vineyard Williamsburg is extraordinary as well this whole areas it’s amazing but I am overlooking the Chesapeake Bay and I’m not planning on going anywhere for a couple of days so tonight I’m at the Yorktown pub starting off with a beer well actually I had a beer John the caretaker gave me a beer when I got here. And but I’m having a Minuteman IPA a cup of clam chowder my favorite and some softshell crabs it just came in today first of the season so I’m pretty stoked. Still on that tight budget bud with all the sandwiches and coffee people bought me I can afford this splurge and honestly I need some good food so I’ll probably get a cheeseburger for later to self it’s amazing how many calories we burn after 39 days on the road. Peace and love, Bill sorry I’d ride more but I don’t have a juice in my head I’m tired I’m gonna eat and then go up to the house and take a shower and go to bed tomorrow will be a new day! :-)


PS thanks to Elaine and May for an incredible time in Richmond yesterday, food, church great companionship extreme grace and kindness I really appreciate you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment