Monday, April 4, 2022

Dispatches from the road









 I left Kansas City couple days ago and made my way to Louisburg Kansas where I stopped at the Cedar Cove feline wildlife sanctuary and had some really good experience there and camped out on their property really good people thanks to Steve Klein who is the executive Director of the organization and I will be showing some videos and doing some writing on them Steve was also kind enough to even give me a charger for my phone and my equipment so thank Steve and next day I made my way over to a wildlife sanctuary Pogue something outside of Clinton Missouri and had a beautiful night sleeping in the tent in the rain I was there all by myself and I am heading out now I’m sitting in a gas station having some breakfast and coffee and a gentleman name William from Springfield Missouri originally from Arkansas came over and we talked for a while and he told me a story of a guy named Mr. Sneed who he used to work for  Baach 45 years ago when he was William was 1112 and 13 and he used to help Mr. Sneed with his produce and he would sit in the truck with Mr. Sneed he delivered the produce to needy people and just put up put in a paper bag and set up on their front doorstep and  never asked for anything in return he just knew these people needed it and he told me that story and you know it’s just goes to show you that humanity is alive and well then and now I know some people who do that now and Williams very kind even gave me some money because he knew I was on a tight budget and just a good man so that’s why I’m doing this journey to show that humanity is alive and well most people just want food shelter clothing education for their kids and a decent job  and him and just want to live their lives it’s really pretty much that simple. So I dictated this so there might be some mistakes I need to get on the road and I’ll clean up a little bit later if you are following me and want to support my journey across America hi meandering my way down to the Transamerica trail created by the Adventure Cycling Association and you can see the map on their website adventure cycling.org and I’m meandering my way through Missouri and going to connect to the trail probably around Summersville I’m thinking and  a couple of days I’m just taking my time just enjoying back country America sometimes I’m on the highway Mossa times a model dirt roads are a gravel roads county roads things like that just want to find out what America is all about again and reversing the history from the expansion to the west to me backing it up to the east and remembering where our roots come from and everything from the frontier Lewis and Clark to you know why the Civil War was far too  western expansion and to back to the American revolution and what the country was really founded on so anyway if you want to follow me you can subscribe here there’s gonna be a Rumble page as well where I’m gonna do videos when I get some time and there’s if you go to the Web version of the site there’s a link to PayPal you can also find me on Venmo it’s Bill Poindexter has a picture of me with a beard  but friend me first so you know it’s me and you can also follow me on Facebook as well Bill Poindexter Facebook has a picture of me with a bicycle helmet on with a Mountain background so anyway I hope you’re doing well peace and love from the road



No comments:

Post a Comment