Monday, April 11, 2022

Dispatches from the road

 I made my way from Eminence Missouri to Johnson’s Shut in State Park. I have to say of the ride only 56 miles was one of the hardest rides I ever had primarily because of the steep hills and after being on the road for eight days my body was a little bit tired plus my bottom side was a little sore too as I’m sure you can imagine. I feel good, but I’m gonna take an off day, I’m posting this on Monday the 11th, I am at Johnson shut in state park, I have a nice little shelter to keep me out of the rain the people here are very friendly I was able to do laundry this morning take a shower  cook some grits, do some bicycle maintenance, and catching up on my blog and Facebook post as well as just writing and doing some reading. Everything‘s going pretty good, and I looked at the route and I’m only 119 miles away from the border of Missouri and Illinois where I cross over. So that should take me a couple of days.  I’m really enjoying just the solitude and taking a day off this is a very beautiful area lots of woods so I’m gonna go for some hikes and take a nap or two. I’m getting excited to go into a new state as I journey forward to the East Coast.  This area is full of incredible history I passed one of the original routes for the trail of tears yesterday, and I tried to imagine and I brought tears to my eyes what those folks had to go through. Such a disturbing part of American history. There’s a lot of Civil War  history down here, I’ve only seen three Black people since I’ve been in the Ozarks. The nature here is amazing most of the towns I go through though or very poor, and seems like there’s no jobs, and the food most of these people have to eat or from Dollar General or the gas station , so therefore highly processed. There really needs to be some changes people need to get healthier the environment needs to get healthier and communities need to get healthier. I’ll keep reporting on what I see I wish I could tell you everything was hunky-dory but it’s not, our society‘s been compromised we need to get back on track.  So I know that’s probably a little more than you bargained for by reading one of my post but these are things I see from the road and I feel it important to tell you the truth of what I see in the road. There’s a lot of beauty there’s a lot of humanity but there’s a lot of crap to , but you probably really knew that, right? If you like my words and my truth let me know in the comments below and if you don’t like them let me know in the comments below. If you want to support my endeavor to report with dispatches from the road  feel free to buy me a cuppa coffee and a hamburger I will be eternally grateful. There’s a link on the web version of this site for a PayPal account you can also find me on Venmo the easiest under Bill Poindexter it’s me with a hat on a beard you might let me know you’re gonna send something though that way I can friend you. Or you can friend me.  You should also go to my Facebook account I tend to post things there first because it’s easier and you don’t have to be a member of Facebook to see my comments. Peace and love from the road Bill Poindexter


Ps Service is sketchy here so I’ll have to post pictures later

No comments:

Post a Comment